Monday 18 May 2015

Nostalgia

Now, I'm only 18, so this post is hardly relevant. I've been listening to my iTunes library of 921 songs on shuffle all night and I've been trying to resist the urge to skip the songs and see how I feel about them (I find this is also the fastest way to refine my library; if I absolutely have to skip a song, it clearly grinds my nerves and has to go).

Tonight, iTunes decided to play a heap of songs that I used to listen to constantly between the ages of 12 and 14. That's not that long ago, honestly, but it feels like so long ago because I wasn't even in senior high school back then. These songs evoked a serious feeling of nostalgia in me, and I wanted to share them with you.

Here's my top 20 '2010's nostalgia' pack (even though some of these came out before 2010, I listened to them mostly after 2010):

  1. We Run the Nite - Tonite Only
  2. Battleflag - Lo Fidelity Allstars
  3. Explosive - Bond
  4. Take It Off - Ke$ha
  5. Reel Around the Sun - Bill Whelan (a must for lovers of Irish/Scottish music!)  **
  6. Enemy - Flyleaf
  7. D.I.N.O.S.A.U.R. - Ke$ha
  8. Fully Alive - Flyleaf
  9. Victory of Life - Future World Music  **
  10. Arise [Ben Moody Mix] - Flyleaf
  11. Bad Boy - Cascada  **
  12. So Cold - Nikisha Reyes-Piles  **
  13. May I Have This Dance - Tommy Lucas  **
  14. Someday We'll Move to A Small Farm (And Sit and Watch the Snow Fall) - Linford Detweiler
  15. Backstabber - Ke$ha
  16. We Run the Night - Havana Brown
  17. Beautiful Bride - Flyleaf
  18. If Today Was Your Last Day - Nickelback
  19. She Got the Honey - Mat Kearney **
  20. Viktoria - Maria Mena**
Yes Ke$ha makes quite an appearance. I still enjoy her songs, they're catchy and easy to listen to.

And I will not justify my enjoyment of Nickelback. No-one is allowed to give me flak for that because I listen to whatever music I like, ok?

Enjoy this, and I hope some of you might find some new songs from this list to enjoy! I've put a star next to the less heard of songs, so go check them out! They can all be found on YouTube!

Peace out!

Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment