Tonight, iTunes decided to play a heap of songs that I used to listen to constantly between the ages of 12 and 14. That's not that long ago, honestly, but it feels like so long ago because I wasn't even in senior high school back then. These songs evoked a serious feeling of nostalgia in me, and I wanted to share them with you.
Here's my top 20 '2010's nostalgia' pack (even though some of these came out before 2010, I listened to them mostly after 2010):
- We Run the Nite - Tonite Only
- Battleflag - Lo Fidelity Allstars
- Explosive - Bond
- Take It Off - Ke$ha
- Reel Around the Sun - Bill Whelan (a must for lovers of Irish/Scottish music!) **
- Enemy - Flyleaf
- D.I.N.O.S.A.U.R. - Ke$ha
- Fully Alive - Flyleaf
- Victory of Life - Future World Music **
- Arise [Ben Moody Mix] - Flyleaf
- Bad Boy - Cascada **
- So Cold - Nikisha Reyes-Piles **
- May I Have This Dance - Tommy Lucas **
- Someday We'll Move to A Small Farm (And Sit and Watch the Snow Fall) - Linford Detweiler
- Backstabber - Ke$ha
- We Run the Night - Havana Brown
- Beautiful Bride - Flyleaf
- If Today Was Your Last Day - Nickelback
- She Got the Honey - Mat Kearney **
- Viktoria - Maria Mena**
Yes Ke$ha makes quite an appearance. I still enjoy her songs, they're catchy and easy to listen to.
And I will not justify my enjoyment of Nickelback. No-one is allowed to give me flak for that because I listen to whatever music I like, ok?
Enjoy this, and I hope some of you might find some new songs from this list to enjoy! I've put a star next to the less heard of songs, so go check them out! They can all be found on YouTube!