After creating my Top 20 Nostalgia playlist, I realised how much I wanted to share the songs I love today with you guys. I have quite a few that I absolutely LOVE and can play over and over without tiring of them. So without further ado, here is my Top 20 of 2015!
- Holes in the Sky (ft. HAIM) - M83 (oh my god, words cannot express how much I love this song)
- Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding
- Beating Heart - Ellie Goulding
- Hooligan's Holiday - Albannach (if you're open to bagpipes, seriously, go listen to Albannach. It will change your life)
- Slam - Pendulum
- I Believe - Christina Perri
- Smoke - PVRIS
- Pictavia's Pride - Albannach
- Take Me To Church - Hozier
- Circle - Flyleaf (I still love Flyleaf)
- Ran Off in the Night - Echosmith
- We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel (you will feel like an absolute legend when you master singing along to this)
- Radioaktivitat - Das Atom
- Lights (McKayla Maroney mix) - Ellie Goulding (this is not an official mix. It's a fanmade mix accompanying a video of American gymnast McKayla Maroney, so I have dubbed the McKayla Maroney mix)
- Underclocked - Eric Skiff (anyone who watches Dark5 on YouTube will have heard this song)
- One They Fear - Jeremy Soule
- Dragonborn - Jeremy Soule
- Forging A New Light - Position Music
- Warriors - Imagine Dragons
- Caliban's Dream - Underworld
As evident by this list, I have a HUGELY diverse taste in music. I will literally listen to anything that sounds catchy to my ear. I discovered a couple of years ago that I love foreign music. Indian, Iranian, and Persian music has such beautiful backing music and you feel like a legend if you can sing along to the foreign vocals. Instrumentals/techno/house/electropop are also things I frequently enjoy, as well as the amazing tribal Celtic sounds of Albannach.
I honestly can recommend every song on this list. Even if you think it's not something you'll enjoy, or it's not your taste/style/type...give it a listen. You might surprise yourself.